How to Apply
INTRODUCTION - GUILDLINES AND CRITERIA
Program Eligibility Guidelines and Income Limits
Available in PDF format
Service Area: Throughout San Diego City and County
- Applicants must own and live in their own single-family home.
*We are unable to consider mobile homes, condos or townhomes.
- Applicants must provide documentation of total household income. (Proof of total annual income is required for all persons living in the home 18 years old and older).
- Have neither the financial resources, family members to assist, nor the ability to do the work themselves.
Proof: Eligibility is established through providing RTSD with the following documents. We require copies of all of these documents to be sent with your application for our program consideration.
- Provide a copy of your most current property tax bill or current mortgage statement, and
- A copy of your most recent Income Tax Return and W-2 form (s).
- If you are not employed and not required to file an income tax return, provide: A copy of your Award Letter or Benefit Statement (a copy of your check is not sufficient) if you receive SSI, Social Security, Pensions (s), Retirement, VA benefits, Welfare or other fixed income.
- A letter outlining your home repair needs, why you are unable to take of these repairs and the reason why you should considered for our program.
Or, if you are not employed and not required to file an income tax return, you may provide:
A copy of your Award Letter or Benefit Statements (a copy of you check is not sufficient) if you receive SSI, Social Security, Pensions (s), Retirement, VA benefits, Welfare or other fixed income.
PROOF OF ELIGIBILITY MUST BE PROVIDED WITH YOUR APPLICATION TO BE CONSIDERED FOR PROGRAM
RTSD programs and services are limited to recipients who are homeowners and earn below 60% of the Area Median Income. Based on 2011 HUD Income Guidelines.
COMMUNITY CENTER APPLICATION
As a volunteer based, grassroots non-profit home renovation organization, we perform home repairs for low-income families, seniors and disabled homeowners in order for them to live in a safe and healthy living environment.
Community facilities are also assisted, when budget restraints impact the organizations ability to address their deferred maintenance.
Our selection process is outlined below:
- There is no charge to the recipient for the renovation efforts that are completed by RTSD volunteers.
- An application does not guarantee your acceptance into the program. It just begins the process for consideration.
- The project selection committee determines which sites will be selected based upon: our mission, the number of applications, the need of the homeowner or community center, our volunteers ability to complete the required repairs, the number of sponsors adopting-a-project and the client's willingness to participate in the program.
- The type of work completed by Rebuilding Together San Diego includes: general clean-up, painting, plumbing, electrical, landscaping, fencing, cabinetry, flooring, appliances, carpentry, accessibility modifications and other repairs based on the trade skills available at the time of the renovation. Note: that major structural repairs are not possible.
- The amount and type of work completed on each site is different and is determined by the volunteer project manager. Please understand that we are not able to address all the repair needs that you would like to have done in your home we work with the top priorities upon acceptance.
Please call our office at (619) 231-7873 or
E-mail us at: rtsd@RebuildingTogetherSD.org
should you have any questions.